Monday, April 26, 2010

When the heck did my kids grow up? And where was I?

So yesterday it was yucky, rainy and cold outside. My kids are already used to winter being over and were stuck in the house, driving me crazy  bouncing off the walls. It was about noon, so I took them to McDonald's for lunch hoping the could burn off some energy in the Playland. We haven't been to the Playland in forever so I was totally THEE best mom in the world. Anyways, we ate and then went to play That's when I realized something I haven't noticed or maybe I just refused to see.......my babies......aren't babies anymore. ::tears::

My eyes honestly started to tear up, and no, it wasn't from the mixed smells of urine and stinky feet, they were real tears I was trying to choke back. I had the oldest kids in all of the Playland (of course, besides my Mikey). Rock Jr (9) actually came up to me and said "I think I'm too old for this, mom." He said he was running around but was scared he was going to knock a little kid over. I was like, but you're a little kid. I hugged him and he decided to hang with Mikey. When it was time to go, and I announced "Time to go" they came running. And put there shoes on. And put on their jackets. No one complained. No when begged to stay five more minutes. They got themselves buckled in the truck and all thanked me as we pulled out the of McDonald's parking lot. Gone are the days of telling my babies a bazillion times "It's time to go" helping eight little feet with shoes, carrying two kids while telling the older two not to let go of my jacket, where I then work up a sweat getting get everyone buckled, and pull out of the McDonald's parking lot with someone still crying that they weren't ready to leave yet. I never thought I would miss those days. I guess I will still have these days with Mikey (1yr), I just wish life would slow down.

Why do the days, months, and years have go by so quickly?

Bri and Jules,  Christmas 2003
2006
2007

4th of July, 2009
Feb 2010
Here's Rock (2), where his love for sports began....
and now, (9) One of the best players on the team!
My girls
2007
2008
2010
My Mikey

No comments:

Post a Comment