Thursday, September 9, 2010

So proud of my lil Hero!

On the first day of school, my kids were supposed to take the BIG YELLOW BUS home. This would be their first year, as years before they would be bussed to daycare. They were so excited! I reminded Rock to remember, Mari (my oldest going to middle schoo this year) wouldn't be there. He was now in charge to look after Briana and Julia. If there were any problems on the bus he'd have to stick up for them.

The first day of school came. Mari was home waiting for the kids to get off the bus. She called me at work to say she saw their bus come by, drop off kids at the stop but Rock, Bri, and Jules didn't get off. I was a little worried. Did they get on the wrong bus? Were they just not paying attention and didn't realize they missed their stop? I left work and tried calling the school only to reach their vcmail. Ugh! I was worried but told Mari not to be and to call me when they get home. She called just as I pulled up to our house. Bri and Jules were giggling in the driveway, and Mari and Rock looked serious.

It turns out, at the end of the day Rock, Bri and Jules lined up to get on their bus. But a teacher pulled Bri and Jules out of Rock's line and told them they were supposed to be in a different line for a different bus. Rock stepped up to say he was their big brother and they're supposed to be on the same bus. The teacher actually told Rock to get on "his" bus and they had to send the girls on the bus that is on their (stupid) list! Really?? This is the Hero part....Rock refused to get on the bus and told the teacher AND principal he's not going anywhere without his sister's! He said the teacher and principal stared at eachother for a sec then questioned eachother as to what to do. Rock tried giving his address, but I guess, this principal and teacher were taught to ignore nine-year olds, I dont know, maybe he should have raised his hand first so they would listen. A nice teacher stepped forward and listened to Rock, confirmed our address and sent them home on a bus together. I am so proud of him and have been telling him all week! He's gotten extra hugs and a trip to Jeff's Sporting Goods for a pack of baseball cards, along with Bri and Jules retelling the story in the most dramatic way possible over and over to anyone who will listen.



Love him so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment